Friday, March 5, 2010

There are no tigers in Ohio...


So it's been a productive week in our cozy house, despite my being ill. Again. I've just about finished getting my jewelry designs moved over to Etsy, with artwork and home decor to follow tout de suite. I had toyed with the idea of calling it "Tchotchkes" instead of home decor because it amuses me.

As I said, I've been sick. Again. My younger daughter goes to preschool and so when she's there she's swimming in an ocean of germs. Sometimes she keeps her head above water and sometimes she's drowning in a sea of snot. More often than not, as people with kids know, you and every one else in the house catches it and it makes the rounds. So far, my older daughter and husband have escaped, but I've been so shaky and feverish that I'm starting to see things. Yesterday I was filling up the teakettle for my 100th cup of tea (I'm sooooo thirsty!) and I think it was a combination of: fever, decongestants, wild imagination and the sun glinting off of my glasses, but I could swear for a minute I saw I a tiger in the woods. I blinked, and he was gone. I consulted my sock monkey, Mr. Carruthers, (who was helping me work) to see if he saw what I saw and he said I was crazy and needed to lie down for a little while.

3 comments:

  1. To show support, I went and got myself a root canal today. No tigers, though.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a devoted fan! Hope you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is far better to see the tiger in the grass (or woods in your case) when it is Not There than to not see the tiger when it Is There. Hallucination, or survival instincts coupled with the homo sapiens' majestic talent for pattern recognition?

    Count yourself lucky. Unless you die of the plague of course and then I suppose, it's all a bit moot.

    Cheers. And nice blog by the way.

    e.

    ReplyDelete

Sock it to me...