Monday, March 8, 2010

Dust Bunnies on Parade

It's that special time of the year again...Spring Cleaning! Fueled by the recent delivery of Girl Scout cookies, I am once again embarking on my annual OCD cleaning spree. Knowing that I tend to create deadlines and procrastinate and then panic and stress out over it for no good reason...I am attempting to set smaller goals and not get overwhelmed.

My typical schedule on a Monday is to strip the beds, dust the bed-frames and then remake the beds with clean sheets. That, in addition to laundry and daily dishes/kitchen upkeep is pretty much it for Monday's housework. On a Monday, my younger daughter doesn't have pre-school, which means with three meals and two snacks I'm wiping and sweeping up the kitchen several times a day.

Today I am going a step further and washing the blankets and bedspreads, flipping the mattresses and maybe even moving the beds around as well before putting everything back together. It's nice to change things up and moving furniture around is certainly cheaper than redecorating. But with that in mind, I came across some lovely pastel colored water color paper that I had been saving for a few years.

Suddenly I was inspired to create some inexpensive, kind of retro/mid-century-esque art prints. Prints are kind of a neat in-between when it comes to art. They may be part of a run, but at the same time, color combinations can vary, and from a price standpoint are less expensive than a one-of-a-kind piece. And I love how graphic they are. One of my favorite themes in art is "Repetition Within a Framework" as I call it. I enjoy setting parameters and then using creativity to problem-solve while staying within those limits. Prints are a great choice for decorating, as you can usually find a style or color scheme to compliment any decor. I'm stoked...I'll keep everyone posted when I put new work in my shop.

The rest of the day will be spent doing things with my daughter, preparing for tonight's Girl Scout meeting, checking email and promoting my Etsy shop.

Tomorrow's agenda: scheduled studio work time, as well as setting up to photograph more pieces. Oh and, clean disgusting bathrooms.

3 comments:

  1. At least they don't eat like real Wolverines, I think they like fish.

    And beer.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I just like the word "wolverine" for some reason. And not because of X-Men. It's just a funny name for me. When I cook fish for dinner my children act like I'm trying to feed them poison instead of poisson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing!
    and don't stress yourself out over cleaning - I make art in all my mess! <3
    Nemo

    ReplyDelete

Sock it to me...